The aim of Lebenshilfe (life help) is to fully integrate people with learning disabilities as well as their relatives into society. Lebenshilfe aims to achieve that anyone with a learning disability can live as independently as possible, bearing in mind individual personality and circumstances resulting from the level of disability.
- Lebenshilfe aims to ensure adequate quality of life to people with learning disabilities and their relatives throughout their life, especially people with severe learning disabilities.
- People with learning disabilities share the same human rights as people without disabilities and are equally protected by the German constitution.
Like all citizens in our society, people with learning disabilities are entitled to:
- Respect of human dignity (Article 1, constitution)
- Protection of personal rights and freedom (Article 2, constitution)
- Security of person (Article 3, constitution)
- and all other fundamental rights.